Monkeyboxing.com is the number one blog for FUNK, SOUL, HIP-HOP, NU/ GHETTO FUNK, associated MASH-UPS/ BOOTLEGS and a bit of REGGAE, SKA and PSYCH. We bring you the latest news, (p)reviews, features and release details because we’re all about the funky bumpin’ beats. Put simply, if you’re someone who thinks fat drum breaks and basslines are the apex of musical culture, then you’ve come to the right place.
If you have anything for REVIEW or PROMOTION or if you are interested in ADVERTISING or SPONSORING the site, please get in touch via this email…
If we think it’s monkeyboxing material – it gets posted as soon as humanly possible. The monkey’s inbox is always VERY busy however and it is impossible to reply to everyone – sorry! If there’s time and it’s not monkey material, we will try and guide you to another blog.
DISCLAIMERS AND ALL THAT GUFF
1. Any comment appearing on this site represents the opinion of the person who wrote the comment only.
2. With regard to reviews – the monkey does not blow smoke up anyone’s ass. If the monkey thinks it’s good it gets props. If the monkey doesn’t, it doesn’t. If you don’t like a review please re-read 1. above, and remember that: a) there’s a certain school of thought that there’s no such thing as bad publicity, b) you have the right to comment and c) you don’t actually have to visit monkeyboxing.com. Finally, artists and labels take note: it does NOT follow that, if the monkey raves about one release from a label or artist, the monkey will rave about all subsequent releases from a label or artist. On the other hand, just because the monkey gives a wack release both barrels, this will NOT prevent the monkey praising subsequent excellence. Each release on its merits!
3. Monkeyboxing makes every effort to ensure that audio downloads are sanctioned by the artist. If an audio download link to your copyrighted material appears on this site and should not be here, please contact Monkeyboxing to have it removed.
4. Remember – it’s ‘monkeyboxing’ not ‘monkey boxing.’ Chek!
Privacy & cookies on this site
Monkeyboxing.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy and to offering you transparency and control over the personal information we hold about you as well as other data we may collect and use when you visit this website.
Your Personal Information
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the web browser on your computer. It usually contains the name of the website where the cookie has come from, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie or how long it will existing on your device, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. If you’d like to know more about cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We use the following cookies on this website:
Find out more about Statcounter.com cookies HERE
How can I manage cookies on this website?
All browser technologies enable you to manage the cookies in the cookie folder of your browser. There are a couple of approaches you can take:
1. Either delete cookies from your cookie folder once you have finished your visit at our site, or
2. Set your preferences for using cookies before you begin using our website.
You can find further information about how to manage your browser and cookies from your particular browser manufacturer. These are the most popular:
If you use another browser not listed here, go to that company’s website and find their ‘how-to’ on browser settings.